≡ Menu

5 Tips to Create the Ultimate Social Media Schedule

Scheduling your social media content comes with a lot of uncertainty and questions from business owners.

What type of content should you post? How often should you post? How do you come across as a business but also as a person behind your brand? 

Top social media channels all provide different advice. For example, Facebook says to post two times a day if you have an audience of over 10,000 followers.

But what if you don’t? 

Keep reading to discover our guide on how to create a social media schedule that your followers will engage with and enjoy. 

The Pre-Scheduling Stage

The first thing you need to do is work out what your social media goals are and how you can achieve them.

Then, you need to decide which channels are right for your business and audience. 

After that, you can go onto creating a schedule.

To know how to schedule your social media posts, you need to work out what your audience will want to see. There’s no point in scheduling a ton of posts if your audience won’t interact or engage with the content you publish. Ask yourself what your audience will enjoy seeing.

For example, if you’re a small business owner with a bakery, you might want to think about sharing delicious photos on Instagram of your latest cakes. You could also run competitions where your audience can win a free cake or post useful tips that you do whilst baking.

How to Create the Ultimate Social Media Schedule

The whole point of social media for businesses is to expand their reach and engage with customers so they can see you’re a trusted brand.

With that in mind, follow our tips to create the perfect plan.

1. Use a Scheduling Tool

Social media scheduling tools make it super easy to schedule and post content without taking up too much time.

It takes up a lot of time to create content and upload it on the go.

The good news is there are even some free options to get you started.

2. Post When Your Audience is Online

Your posts will get more engagement if they’re published when your audience is most active.

There are certain times of the day when more people are using different platforms.

For example, you should schedule LinkedIn posts on Tuesday between 10 am and 12 pm. 

3. Don’t Always Post About You

Your audience doesn’t always want to be sold products or services. Make sure you have a good balance of content.

Most businesses do the 80-20 balance, where 80% of what they publish is what their audience wants to see, and the other 20% is promotional to their business.

4. Encourage Your Audience to Get Involved

Social media is all about getting involved, so make sure you engage with your audience.

There are many ways you can do this, such as running polls and asking questions.

5. Figure Out What Works for You

The best way to become successful with social media is by figuring out what works for you and your audience.

No one business is the same, so don’t be afraid to try new things and see if they work.

Check out this Instagram schedulers comparison article to get more information about whether Instagram would work for you. 

Start Queuing Up!

Implement our top tips on creating your social media schedule and see how much better your social media efforts go!

Improve your social media marketing by checking out our other media blogs to help boost your business.