There are over 444,100 real estate agents working in the United States today.
If you’re part of this group, you know how competitive the field is and how easy it is to feel overwhelmed by your work.
Working as a real estate agent can definitely be challenging. Some days, you might even think that it’s not worth it to keep pursuing this career.
On days when you’re feeling unmotivated or getting down on yourself, these inspirational real estate quotes can help you pick yourself back up and keep moving forward.
Common Challenges for Real Estate Agents
Before we get into the quotes that will help motivate and inspire you when the going gets tough, it’s important to know what kinds of challenges you might face working as a real estate agent.
The following are some of the most common challenges real estate agents face:
- Low inventory
- Competing against online real estate services
- Adapting to new technological trends
- Expenses related to lead generation
- Staying in touch with past customers
- Poor work-life balance
- Dealing with rejection
Knowing the challenges that might come your way will help you to be prepared and stay motivated when the chips are down. You can also have some inspirational words locked and loaded to help you stay focused and maintain your confidence.
Inspirational Real Estate Quotes
If you’re facing one of the real estate challenges listed above, don’t throw in the towel. Consider one of these inspirational quotes instead:
1. To be successful in real estate, you must always and consistently put your clients’ best interests first. When you do, your personal needs will be realized beyond your greatest expectations.
This quote from Anthony Hitt is a great reminder of the importance of putting others’ needs before your own. When you focus on being of services and helping others, you’ll find that your own personal needs always get met in the end.
2. Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity has devised. It is the basis of all security and about the only indestructible security.
If you find yourself doubting the importance of your career or your ability to make a difference, remember this message from Russel Sage. It’s a great reminder of how important real estate is to people and the fact that you can play a role in helping people to obtain it.
3. Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
Albert Schweizer hit the nail on the head here. You have to enjoy what you’re doing.
Focus less on the end result and more on the process. You’ll find that not only do you enjoy your work more, and you’ll also likely see more sales and better results, too.
4. In real estate, you make 10% of your money because you’re a genius and 90% because you catch a great wave.
This message from Jeff Greene emphasizes the point that not everything is in your control.
If you’re going through a rough patch, it might not be because you’re a bad real estate agent. You might just need to ride out the difficult times and wait for your next great wave to come along.
5. In the real estate business, you learn more about people, and you learn more about community issues, you learn more about life, you learn more about the impact of government, probably than any other profession that I know of.
If you ever feel that your career doesn’t matter, think of this quote from Johnny Isakson. Working in real estate gives you unique insight into a variety of issues and helps you learn real ways that you can make the world a better place.
6. To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.
In today’s digital age, there’s some debate over the necessity of real estate agents. Remember, though, as Douglas Adams pointed out, that you can provide something that a computer can’t — sincerity and integrity.
Make sure you conduct yourself in a way that emphasizes these traits to all your current and potential clients.
7. In a crowded marketplace, fitting in is a failure. In a busy marketplace, not standing out is the same as being invisible.
You’ll always have competition, whether you work in real estate or some other field. Keep this message from Seth Godin in mind and remember that it’s better to stand out than to try and blend in.
Don’t worry so much about what your competition is doing. Instead, focus on how you can deliver something unique and separate yourself from them.
8. Make sure everyone who works with you or for you, feels the need to tell others about the incredible experience.
This message from Chris Murray is a great one to keep in mind on days when you’re feeling unmotivated. If you want people to think well of you, you need to make sure that they’re always having a good experience when they’re around you.
9. Buyers decide in the first eight seconds of seeing a home if they’re interested in buying it. Get out of your car, walk in their shoes and see what they see within the first eight seconds.
If you’re having a hard time getting people interested in the homes you’re showing, take this message from Barbara Corcoran into account. Put yourself in your clients’ shoes and think more about what will make a great impression for them.
10. Not following up with your prospects is the same as filling up your bathtub without first putting the stopper in the drain.
There are plenty of funny real estate memes and quotes out there that also provide inspiration, including this one.
It’s imperative that you follow up with all of your prospects if you want to succeed in real estate. Otherwise, you’re just letting money flow down the drain.
Get More Real Estate Advice Today
A career in real estate comes with plenty of challenges. The benefits outweigh the cons for many people, though.
If you find yourself struggling to stay motivated or contemplating giving up on your real estate dreams, be sure to revisit these inspirational real estate quotes. They’ll help you put things in perspective and stay focused on achieving your goals.
Do you need more help overcoming common real estate problems?
If so, check out the real estate section of our blog today. You’ll find all kinds of helpful articles and advice here.